chatillion 71M
3062 posts
4/10/2016 7:42 am
Death by Cobra aka The Show Must Go On...

Earlier this week, 29 year old Irma Bule, Indonesian pop singer who performs with snakes in her act was bitten during a set, refused snake venom antidote from the snake's handler, continued to perform and 45 minutes later she began to vomit, falling to the ground in a seizure. She was rushed to the nearest hospital, but it was too late. She died as a result of a Cobra bite.

Some details: She usually performed with a Boa or Python and this performance it was with a King Cobra. The new story said she was under the impression the snake had been de-fanged.
Yeah, I'm wondering why the handler allowed her to refuse treatment. Does this make him liable for her death?

beyondfantasy3 112M
4740 posts
4/10/2016 10:22 am

Geez !!! why can't people who have roles to do responsible things, simply do it. this is insane, they'd put such a deadly snake on stage with this woman, but as too, people have to be prepared to address accidents when they happen not delay under any assumptions.

I detest the thought of dealing with snakes under any condition !!!!!!!!! it is not my idea of a pet or something to play with.

Beautifulkayra2 52F
823 posts
4/11/2016 8:59 am

Her mother said Irma started performing with snakes three years ago — but she usually sang with nonvenomous pythons that belonged to a snake handler and with the snakes’ mouths duct-taped shut. Irma perhaps didn’t know it was a poisonous snake. She was just told to perform with the snake and its mouth wasn’t shut with a duct tape.

Poor her

woaini1947 60M
3973 posts
4/13/2016 9:11 am

The woman has an IQ that is nowhere equal to that of the snake that bit her. I think if she had put her mind to it, she would have realized that she is a singer and if she had any real talent, people would have paid to hear her sing without the snake. What an idiot!